Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love's Sweet Glow

Several years ago, we gathered with friends and made these sweet candles.  (Now that I think about it, we made them in one friend's newly remodeled kitchen!  I was so nervous melting wax in there!)
We made them for Mother's Day, I think, but these two I pulled out today would have been very sweet as Valentine's Day gifts.


1.  Gather teacups & saucers from thrift stores (the back of your cupboards, your garage...)

2.  Tie wick (available at most all craft stores, or in my case, my garage) around a popsicle stick or skewer and dangle into cup so that it reaches the bottom.  The stick will lay across the top of the cup and hold it in place while the wax hardens.

3.  Melt beeswax in a pan/bowl double-boiler.  Use a thrift-store bowl because it will always be a "candle-making bowl" after this.

4.  Pour into cups & let them cool.

1 comment:

  1. I remember these! I think this was the original inspiration:

    http://www.marthastewart.com/273016/teacup-lights

    Fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your ideas, too!