As for Sela's costume, we -- she -- found in Family Fun magazine. She pours over
our Halloween issues for months looking for inspiration! It was easy to make & consists mostly of items we had around the house.
Here are the simple directions we crafted:
Using a wide-brimmed hat from the dress-up basket as a base, we wrapped and piled plastic bags on top to form a dome for the bell of the jellyfish. We used packing tape to secure it occasionally.
Once the bell was formed, we covered it with bubble wrap. More tape.
We layed a piece of irridescent fabric over this. I did a simple basting stitch underneath, gathering the fabric at the crown of the head and tucking it up inside the hat. I was concerned that tape wouldn't stand up to wear & tear.
We cut lengths of curling & silk ribbon and used packing tape to secure those as well. (The hair tentacles we've been working on for quite a few years!)
It was a happy accident that this hat had a chin strap -- that turned out to be a must!