Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekending


To know someone is to know what makes them truly happy.  If you know me, then you know this weekend's "weekending" with my littles was my absolute heart's delight.

My big girl learned to pour the pancake batter she's been perfecting and to know when and how to flip her cakes.  She was so proud.  That face!



We threw in a big kid how-to-clean-up-after lesson, too.  She did the dishes like a champ.  

(Bonus: she also now knows where the expression "first pancake" comes from.  And that it's all a part of the process.  Good life lesson shared.)

There were many games of Sleeping Queens -- special request of my sweet little guy.  He loves the game, but more so, I'm quite sure he loves that it's the first game in which he isn't on a "team."  He positively beams from his side of the game.  And, I do, too.

And while they made up their own radio show, I made good progress on a blanket stitch I can finally live with.


Thanks to Amanda, my inspiration for snapping a few shots of our weekending!




8 comments:

  1. ha! re: first pancake. all pancake makers know about that. :)

    and way to go including clean-up as part of the lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a tastier way to impart wisdom ; )
    And, yes, I'm overly impressed with myself for remembering to really finish the lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw yes, the first pancake. this is very, very important wisdom you are imparting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely weekend! I wish I could come over and play Sleeping Queens with your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so happy for you that your heart was happy this weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That came through, huh? ; )
      These little people!!!

      Delete

Share your ideas, too!