Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine’s Day + Math = Fun



We belong to a math co-op where our children enjoy math in such fun ways. No worksheets or flashcards here! They play, they fold, they craft, they discover.
I thought of our math friends when I found these fun Valentine-making instructions. I liked the magic message cards, folding hearts, heart-in-the-fold Valentine, bonbon-filled hearts, and origami hearts.
 
Sela decided to make Gnome Sweet Gnome Valentines. There’s math here, too: fractions, multiplication, measuring, addition, subtraction. It’s all good stuff!


And what Valentine’s Day would be complete without sweets? Cooking is a great way to do math -- wouldn’t you agree? I can’t decide whether we’ll make whoopie pies, cupcakes for Cupidwindow pane hearts, conversation heart fudge, or sweet fortune cookies. Hmmm… Or should I say, “Mmmm!”?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your ideas, too!