Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cupid's Arrows

It's February 1st, and, boy, do I have Cupid and his arrows on my mind.
Sela was playing with pipe cleaners and brought these to me.  (If you haven't taken out the pipe cleaners lately, you really should!  For silly fun for the whole family try these just to get you started.  Or maybe these funny guys.)



Then I found this cute and quirky Valentine's Day decoration on my new favorite blog, Smile and Wave -- I love it and can't wait to make it!

(The picture would not be complete if I left out the giggling I did last night when Michael Scott called them "Cupid's Sparrows.")

I was not giggling later when Linus woke up all night long because he has a cold.  I was exhausted.  By the wee hours of the morning I decided it was Daddy's turn to try out rocking --rather than nursing -- back to sleep so that I could get a little rest.
Linus: "Mama."
Mama: "Yes, baby?" lovingly & patiently because, although I've been up all night, I am about to get a little sleep.
Linus: "Saaaaaaad."
Mama: "You're sad?  Why are you sad?"
Linus: "Nose.  Nurse."
Thwak.  Shot through the heart again.  I'm his.  We nursed & we both felt better.

1 comment:

  1. Really like your new layout and overall look. Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your ideas, too!