Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Follow Me Out to the Patio -- I Have Dessert...


Maybe everyone already has a crisp recipe they like -- I didn't.  I love this one -- not too crumbly, not too skimpy on the topping -- it's juuuust right.  It's fast, we always have the ingredients on hand, and it's fruit.  (That's good, right?)

Em's Fruit Crisp
Fruit of your choice - we used peaches, lots of them!
2 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Pour peeled, sliced fruit into 8 x 8 baking dish & sprinkle with lemon juice.  Combine all other ingredients & drop onto fruit.  Bake 30 minutes.  Serve with ice cream (my kids' choice), with whipped cream (my choice, and because you have some from making homemade butter and whipped cream...), or on it's own.  Have it your way : )

(In the winter, we had this delicious treat with (available!) frozen blueberries.  That's a good way to get some super fruit in January...)

2 comments:

  1. Peach crisp is my favorite! I'll have to try this recipe soon--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some apples just waiting for SOMETHING!! This will fit the bill

    ReplyDelete

Share your ideas, too!