Sunday, January 13, 2013
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Christmas is over, but it's still winter!
And, there are still some Christmas baubles in stores, at greatly reduced prices -- will you be out and about this weekend to pick up a couple?
Or, you probably have something just-perfect around your house.
How to Make a Swirling Snowstorm
1. Find a (used) jar with lid and cute-something that fits nicely inside.
2. Test the jar and lid to make sure they are water-tight.
3. Glue your cute-something to the inside of the lid with a water resistant glue & let it dry. (Our "tool drawer" had a variety of good options.)
4. Fill 1/3 of the jar with glycerine (available at Rite Aid, CVS, any pharmacy).
5. Add some glitter -- you don't need a whole lot (we discovered this the hard way...). Stir.
6. Fill with water. You want to have as little air as possible in your snowglobe, so experiment with putting the lid/figure on and off as you add water.
7. Put glue on the inside edge of your lid and screw it onto the jar.
7. Add a decorative ribbon or edging to the lid.
made with the help of Dawn and Jane Bull