Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day 2012

We spent our day outside, connecting with Earth.
Okay, yardwork.

(I'm wondering... Does anyone else need a machete to prepare their gardens in the spring? I wish I had taken a 'before' picture.  That way, an 'after' would be impressive to more than just me!)

Pippi Pepper (from the UCD Student Farm) found a new home today.


So did some other lovely veggies & flowers.
Some old favorites, some new ones to try out.  How will you know if you don't give it a try, right?

I have two interested gardeners (heart, heart).  It's okay when a few things get pulled out a little too roughly, maybe stepped on, some seeds get spilled, and when my gardeners wander off to try something else.  There are so many treasures in our backyard - I want us all to be happy enough to want to explore them.



I have a garden of my own, shining with flowers of every hue, I loved it dearly while alone.  But shall love it more with you.  - Thomas Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your ideas, too!